Review: This Close to Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith



This Close to Okay
by Leesa Cross-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this book. I pick this book up for my December 2020 BOTM read. I enjoyed the different thoughts and the therapeutic relationship between Tallie and Emmett. I enjoyed seeing how both characters need help with healing in some way and despite everything they were there for each other. Because we do at times experience love, fake and mislead people in today's ever-changing world. I will say it has been thought-provoking for me. It did make me step back and think of my own life and the ups and downs I've been through even seeing a bit of myself in Tallie. I usually don't like books with relatable characters however this one was pleasurable. I enjoy the realms of each character in terms of what was going on in their life and how so many people today have battled the same issues. The ending didn't go the way I thought it would or how my heart wanted it to. However, I truly enjoyed the fact that in this ending there isn't a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end... it wasn't perfect it was just as it should be. Happy, enjoyable, and filled with love. Because in life the happy ending you expect isn't always black or white. It's Okay Not To Be Okay!!!
 
View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts