Weekly Book Update

Good Morning Escapers,

I wanted to pop in and share what I'm reading both in E-Read and Hardcopy.  With no time to waste here go. I picked up this copy of The Badger Knight written by Kathryn Erskine from my daughter's school book fair. What better way to get kids involved in reading than to read yourself. My oldest loves to read. However, with my youngest its like pulling tooth and nail to get her to read. So we both picked up a book to read and give a review of.  I pick this book because the cover and the price point, and later after reading bits and pieces decided this one was a good one. Well, we were running out of time to shop the book fair was coming to a close. So with swift think this book made the cut. 

Hardcopy



The Badger Knight  by Kathryn Erskine

Website

Genre


Here's my little thought.... a  Synopsis if you will. This story is set around 1346 Northern England. This is around the time when King Edward set out in the battle of Crecy against theFrench. It's about a young man named Adrian whose father created the bow arrow weapon that the men would need during the war. Adrian was born with many afflictions. He lost a mother and sister at a young age. He is picked on, bullied, and is thought little of. He is called Badger by his bully because he put dirt under his eyes to lessen his look. Others think him to be an angel or devil...or a pagan.  He wants to prove he is more then what others have thought of him.   After running off to battle how will others think of him, better yet how will he think of himself? What will be in his further will there even be one for him during this great war?

So after all of that, I would say I look forward to finishing this book. Finding out just how courageous Adrian will be. Will he be able to overcome the battles within his self due to the difficulty of loss and being bullied. 


E-READ:

A Trace of Death by Blake Pierce 


Genre: Mystery, Thriller

(Keri Locke Mystery Series #1)
Alright, how about an E Read. Now if your new to e-reading and not quite sure what it is well it simple it's an electric read. You use your tablet, nook, or kindle to download the book electrically. 


Now onto my e-read. I'm reading this new series to me by Blake Pierec. I stumble upon this author from this series here The Making of Riley Paige. I have truly enjoyed this and wanted to see if I would like her other books that have been published. Now this series is part of the Keri Locke Mystery Series. There are five books so far. The first book starts with Keri who is a missing person detective. She works in the Homicide division of the LAPD. All while working she has suffered the loss of her very own child who was taken. Will she be able to help another mother? Will she be able to work in this career field after suffering her own loss.  


This book has starred out just how imagined it to be. Full of mystery, suspense and already on the edge of my seat. I'm definitely excited to see what happens in this series by Blake Pierec. With so many books in this series, e-read is my best friend. lol If you don't believe go pick up the first book in all her other series as well. They are free on nook Here. But don't be mad because I'm for warning you not. You will want more and she has many......no a bajillion to give.  Be sure to check out my review for the first two books in the Riley Paige series book one Here and book two Here. They are short and sweet in my opinion.  Don't give many details away in them. I like to think I didn't spoil it for the new comes to her series. 


Happy Escaping!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts